Saturday, June 5, 2010

Chapter One Sneak Peak

The Spirits of Celestia
Chapter One: Enter Celestia

The four of us were just sitting around, bored to death. We were sitting in my Imperial Palace in the Library. I had just read three books in a row. They were a series called “The Nobles,” about some Marleybone creatures with their double lives, and how they impact their owners and loved-ones. There were currently three books: The Ruffian, The Scurrier, and The Gearhead.

“Why can’t we go to Celestia yet?” Amber asked. Amber RosePetal was a Sorcerer, and a powerful one at that. One gift Ambrose gave her was a Knowledge Cloak. However, it was simply a power enhancement for her to put onto her stitched robe. I was daydreaming about Celestia and its wonders when Amber shouted, “Mail!”

My Ice Bird Messenger named Averafrost dropped an elegant envelope in my lap. I admired its intricate design. It was an invitation to a party.

Cordially Invited
You are invited to have dinner at the RosePetal Estate on the night of Saturday, July 29 with the RosePetal family and several others. Please dress casually, as this is not a formal event, but a friendly gathering.
From: RosePetal, Amber E.
To: MoonSong, Suri M.


“Cool! I got invited to another RosePetal dinner. Will we be doing anything special?” I asked Amber. I cleared my voice.

“After we eat, we’ll head to the Theatre and the four of us will star in a play!”

I was really looking forward to the event. July 29 was in two weeks. I could be in Celestia by then I thought.

It started to rain hard outside. I heard a crackle of thunder and a saw a lightning bolt before the window clouded up. After another lightning strike, the lights turned off. However, the power wasn’t out. They were mildly flickering on and off.

“Hey, what’s going on here?” I asked. There was no response. I couldn’t see anyone. I took a candle and looked around the Library to find no one was there.

“Hey guys, where are you? There’s a st—”

BOOM!

2 comments:

  1. Nice Chapter!
    Wiz101 is back up fyi (3:32am)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Can't wait to read more:)

    ReplyDelete